HOW TO PREPARE SASHIKO PANEL FOR A YAZZII BAG
- Pre-Printed Sashiko Panel
- Sashiko Thread
- Sashiko Needle
- Stitch your pre-printed Sashiko Panel as per Sashiko Instructions included with your panel.
- Take your completed stitched panel and cut the outside of the design (as per image) – Ensure you leave enough fabric to turn under and leave your design visible. (It should be about ¼” turn under)
- Iron your turned under hem on the design with a hot iron.
- To adhere the panel to the surface of the bag take some Roxanne’s glue (or similar fabric glue) and dot small amounts of glue to the raw edge of the under turned fabric. Do not put the glue on the edge where the fabric has been turned under – it must be the raw edge.
- Place your glued panel to the bag or surface you want to embellish and press firmly.
- Take a sewing needle and sewing thread and hem it to the surface of the bag with a slip stitch.
Please enjoy this process!